December 2020 South Carolina Sunday Services [audio, video & notes for each service] from 2020-12-06 to 2020-12-27 are available here.
AUDIO [Soundcloud] from
South Carolina DECEMBER 2020 Sunday Services
VIDEO [Facebook] & NOTES from
South Carolina DECEMBER 2020 Sunday Services
Notes for Sunday SC 2021-12-06
- Brad Capshaw
- Steve Atherton
- John 20:24, John 6:26-29, John 6:44, Proverbs 3:5-6, 1 John 4:20, 2 Corinthians 5:1-8, 2 Corinthians 5:17-21
- Paul wrote to Timothy – let no man despise your youth, so praise the Lord.
- God knows what’s in the heart of man and He doesn’t begrudge you the struggle.
- Unto thee o Lord do I lift up my soul is an invitation to judgment from God. Search me, examine me.
- When you pray, invite the Lord to make a change.
- You get reconciled to God when He shows you the way you are going is in error.
- Blessed are they that have not seen and believed.
- Rebellion, which is inspired by pride, is what caused Lucifer to fall.
- Judgment of God comes down to convict and mercy of God reigns in its place.
- A new way of living is found by walking in Christ.
- What might we do that we might work the works of God? Believe on Him whom He hath sent.
- It’s not about my faith, it’s about His faith.
- John 6:44 It is impossible for any man come to Jesus except the Father draw Him.
- Faith in the Church accomplishes nothing because it’s man’s faith.
- We are to be perfected in the faith of God, not of man.
- Labor against the unbelief, this body is the body of doubt (it doesn’t believe anything that it perceives in it’s 5 natural senses).
- Do you consider yourself a rank sinner in perspective with Proverbs 3:5-6 or 1 John 4:20?
- The flesh has all kinds of explanations for things. What are you going to choose to believe?
- Scripture is full of people you can learn lessons from. You don’t have to go through the same struggles to learn the lesson.
- 2 Corinthians 5:1 – we know – they believed God, therefore they knew.
- 2 Corinthians 5:6 – while we are at home in the body (physical), we are absent from the Lord.
- You can not see the new creature, so walking by sight means you will never be able to operate in it.
- He will perfect you in the faith, you can never do it. He is the author and finisher of faith, not you.
- Be someone who says “I will” and ask God for His faith, His love, His grace, then He gets the glory.
Notes for Sunday SC 2020-12-13
- Angie Perry
- Phillip Walthall
- John 1:1-9, Genesis 1:3-5, Psalm 119:105, Matthew 5:5-14, Judges 16:29-31, John 3:18, Romans 13:10-14, Psalm 42
- God is capable of separating light and darkness.
- Do you look to the Word for direction? Are you willing to be a light for someone else? We all have a light in us but some of us choose to hide it.
- What does it mean to be filled? You have no lack, you’re content and joyful.
- Lift each other up in prayer and extend grace where it’s needed.
- You may be the offense or well received, both have a point. Let the Lord use you as you are. Let the Lord do the work in you and others.
- If God says it is good, it is good, even if in your carnal man it doesn’t seem good.
- It takes going to the light for the darkness to be separated. Do you prefer the light or darkness? In order for you to get free, you have to go to the light.
- You have to realize you have works of darkness in you, before you can cast them off. Do you realize you have them or do you think you’re good? How often do you walk in presumption?
- We get into stupid situations because we’re high-minded and self-righteous.
- When you taste the good things of God and receive them, that’s when you have light.
- When you’ve been through a desperate situation that the Lord has worked out, when others are in a desperate situation you can be there for them, extend grace to them. You know there’s a way out and His name is Jesus Christ. You want to share your experiences with others.
- Sometimes the light shining isn’t the way you think. Where you see error there’s opportunity. It could be a light to show people a way out, it’s for the Gospel to be manifested. The light comes in different ways, you don’t need to begrudge that.
- If you want to preach the Gospel you have to live by the Gospel and that can’t be offensive to you. If it is offensive to you, go to the Lord and humble yourself. Love in word and deed, sometimes showing you’re simply there is all it takes.
Notes for Sunday SC 2020-12-20
- Phillip Walthall
- Steve Atherton
- Matthew 11:25, 1 Corinthians 1:27, Matthew 11:28, Romans 3:23, John 15:5
- Phillip talked about everyone having a void and he tried to fill the void with drugs, alcohol, women but none of those things helped, in fact, the void grew worse. The Gospel preached to Phil filled the void in his life.
- Filling the void with things like drugs, alcohol and women is clearly wrong and you can see it, but what’s worse is filling the void with things that don’t look so bad.
- Your old familiar ways don’t seem bad, but if you’re using them to fulfil that which the Lord should fulfil, it’s bad for you.
- Do you want the new life divine or the old familiar place?
- If you put those things that you do as number one in your life, ahead of going after that which Christ has for you, you will miss what He has for you.
- Don’t cuddle up to the “no good thing” that is your flesh.
- When you put God first you will have a life no longer filled with void.
- Do you delight yourself in service, to parents, boss, husband?
- All the freedom is the operation of God, not of you.
- If God is not inhabiting the things you do, why do you want anything to do with it?
- Christ has you do the things that, in the world, never look like they’ll bring joy. You think the action is where the joy is, it’s not, it’s that thing which God is inhabiting that brings joy.
- The biggest issue most people have in their walk with Christ is the recognition of their baseness.
- You can fill your life with things you do and never know the fellowship with God.
- It’s NOT about what you do. It’s entirely about what the Lord does.
- If you operate in Christ Jesus, EVERYTHING you do can be done in Christ Jesus. Even something as simple as driving a car, preparing food, stopping at a gas station etc. He knows how to do EVERYTHING perfectly.
- Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden. The weight is too heavy for you and you can’t keep up with it.
- Take my yoke upon you – this means you belong to someone else.
- Are you meek and lowly in heart? God values meek and lowly in heart. First thing in the morning just acknowledge that without Him you are nothing and how desperately you are in need of Him.
- Once you know the body of evidence (at least a part of it) you know you are not good and need Christ desperately for everything.
- The testimonies of you not being able to get it are all lies! Cease from your works and trust Him to do the work in and through you.
Notes for Sunday SC 2020-12-27
- Steve Atherton
- Psalm 32, Romans 4, Romans 5
- Christ is simple. The liberty He wants you to walk in is simple, it’s not hard. You can never get free if you reject the truth. What are you going to do with the unpleasant truths about yourself? You’re going to need to put yourself aside. Are you willing to acknowledge the truth about yourself? If you’re not willing to acknowledge the truth about yourself you will not be free in the kingdom of God.
- When you see your heart for what it is do you justify yourself or do you want a clean heart that believes God and walks by faith? Do you want to show people and manifest all the good things of His kingdom? As a Christian everything you do and say is a testimony to God’s kingdom? Are you testifying well of the kingdom?
- It’s never about the act, it’s about the spirit behind the act. If the Holy Spirit of God is not behind the act then it’s not testifying of Him.
- Allow the Lord to remove the moss, so that the tree underneath is perfect. Christ created a soul that is perfect, that life you lived before is not.
- The word of God is true, are you going to believe it? Belief is a decision, not a feeling.
- A man does what a man wants to do. You can pray a great prayer, receive an answer and not see it as the answer to our prayer. Do you want to continue to be special or do you want to be Christ? Go forward and want what He has for you.
- You can go to the Lord and ask Him to change your heart and He will change it. Christ wants you to be free. You can command your heart to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Faith worketh by love. Acknowledge the hard truths about yourself. Are you forsaking your sins or assuming they’re taken care of anyway?
- Do your own ideas about who God is provoke you to fear and trembling? When your prayers aren’t answered do you receive the feedback and why you’re not getting the things of God? How many times do you reject the answer of God?
- The entry to coming to realize how good God is is realizing how bad you are.
- When you acknowledge the truth about yourself, acknowledge you’re in error and forsake it you then come to know the mercy and love and abundance of peace, love of God.
- You don’t need to understand the good things of God you just need to know they work. God’s answer is never no if they’re asked in His name.
- Christ wants you to be free. He wants you to know the fellowship of the spirit. You can have fellowship of the spirit in every single thing, when you have the right attitude in Christ Jesus you can have a great joy in any task you are given. Get free in Christ.
- You don’t have to be anything to be Christ’s. If you are serving in His name, He will give you everything you need to serve in His name.